10 Maternity outfits every woman should own
Amazing maternity styles to buy or sew this season
When I was pregnant, I found myself wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes until they got too tight and didnt fit. It was a gradual process that I didnt realize was happening until one day (a sunday I think) I look in my wardrobe and realize I had nothing to wear. literally nothing! Frantically, I started searching online for suitable maternity outfits to sew. Needless to say, I did not go out that day. So maybe you’re like me and your frantic search has brought you here or maybe you’re still in the early stages and not really in need for them yet,( advice: dont wait till the last minute) or maybe you just want to check out these maternity clothes for your next pregnancy, either way you’re in the right place cause I have literally scoured the internet to bring you these amazing maternity outfits that will style your bump, keep you comfortable and leave you feeling drop-dead georgeous at the same time. let’s check them out:
- Free Off shoulder short dress: what I particularly love about this look is the combination of Ankara to the material, changing it from plain and boring into something colorful. The rolled up sleeves gives it a certain swag that we don’t normally see in maternity dress. Feel free to take down the hem if it’s a bit skimpy for your tastes
- Three quarter Ankara maxi dress with scarf: what do you think? Sunday outfit? It’s your regular free gown but with a twist, just look at that sleeve, the flare on it makes the arms more feminine and that neckline…. need I say more? However to get the best out f this look, make sure your material is on point and pair it with some awesome shoes like her’s
- Asymmetrical one shoulder floaty top: Hello mama!!! This look is modern, trendy and nothing like what you’ll expect in a maternity wardrobe. Its black so it gives you a slimming figure at the same time concealing your bump if that’s what you’re looking for. With this look you’ll definitely be turning heads everywhere
- Floaty maxi sheer dress: if you’re looking for something simple yet sophisticated, then this is the look! This beautiful white dress looks even more stunning with the bright African print attached at the neckline ad sleeves. This material is light, cool and breezy, everything that your pregnant body is craving. Pay attention to the matching statement earrings
- Drape sleeve free off shoulder dress: I know what you’re thinking: another off shoulder dress? Yes ma. Pregnancy is a phase in your life where your body changes in unexpected ways that are not always pleasant but one place that almost always remains the same are the shoulders, radiant skin and beautiful curves, so if you got it? Flaunt it! The sleeves of this dress is heartbreaking… i also love the color too
- Flower print collared dress: this outfit looks matured and elegant. Totally what I would wear on Monday to work but probably not those shoes (smiles). The curvy hem is everything and if I eventually sew this style, I would definitely make it longer cause hubby won’t let me out of the house otherwise.
- Assymetrical Ankara full length gown: This style is just right for the pregnant woman with an element of style in its cutting. This just turns a boring full length gown into a fashion statement
- A-shape Ankara free gown with bow: what would we do without Ankara? You know that moment when you take Ankara to the tailor but just don’t know which style to sew and you say “wo, just give me a-shape gown joor’. This is what you should get, if I were your tailor. The beauty is in its simplicity and the knot at the shoulders makes it feminine and of course, cute
Two in one v-neck dress: this one is also in Ankara and is beautiful, the v-neck and a bow is what differentiates this free gown from all the others on the list, plus, its reversible. You can turn the front to the back and voila! You have another look.
- Bow knot neck, long sleeve stripe dress: this is for the working pregnant mums, looking for another something to add to their maternity wardrobe. This is perfect for the office. The vertical stripes will add more length and conceal your growing bump as much as possible.
So there! My top 10 maternity outfits to sew this year. I hope you enjoyed them and plan to sew or buy them soon! To see more of these amazing outfits, feel free to follow my board on Pintrest